Medical Eye Care
Dr. Cole has been providing primary medical eye care to Humboldt County since 2012. As a licensed Therapeutic and Glaucoma Optometric Physician, Dr. Cole is able to help diagnose and treat most ocular diseases and minor injuries. Common services we provide include:
- Care of acute injuries such as abrasions, lacerations, foreign bodies and blunt trauma to the eye and eyelids.
- Diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the eye and eyelids such as:
- Conjunctivitis ("pink eye")
- Dry Eye
- Diabetic eye disease
- Macular degeneration
- Co-management of eye and lid surgeries such as cataracts, ptosis (droopy lids), and LASIK.
- Co-management of systemic diseases with known ocular involvement such as diabetes and auto-immune disease (Rheumatoid Arthritis, Sjogren's, etc.).
- Monitoring and co-management for medications with known potential ocular side effects (Plaquenil, etc).
We Offer the Latest Technology
Our office has the latest in eye health technology including Humboldt County's first and only Angioplex OCT - which provides detailed visualization of retinal vasculature in order to assist with early detection of vision-threatening retinal diseases.
We are also the first office in Eureka to offer Optomap retinal images as our standard of care for routine comprehensive examinations. Optomap retinal images provide Dr. Cole with a wide-field view of the inside of the eye. These images are helpful for earlier detection of vision-threatening diseases. Although dilation is still the standard of care for certain patients, use of the Optomap often allows patients to be dilated less frequently.